Join the U.S. Department of Energy for a virtual Ready, Set, Solar Decathlon Event on September 16, 2021, at 4:00pm CT. All students and faculty interested in participating are welcome to attend. This interactive event will cover:
- Overview of competition structure and expectations
- Resources available to support participating teams, including Building Science Education, software licenses, and the Mentor Program
- Words of wisdom from Solar Decathlon Alumni
- Panel with experienced faculty sharing best practices.
- Design Challenge Division changes, including a new Retrofit Housing Division
- Build Challenge local-build format, with teams constructing, measuring, and showcasing homes in their local communities.
The Solar Decathlon Competition Guide, 2022 Design Challenge Rules, and 2023 Build Challenge Rules are now available to the public. All collegiate institutions are encouraged to apply to participate in the next edition of Solar Decathlon by October 26, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. ET. Team Applications can be submitted for both the Design Challenge and the Build Challenge.