The 2021 National Energy Codes Conference, hosted by the U.S. Department of Energy, begins July 20, 2021.
Kelly Speakes-Backman, U.S. Department of Energy
Mark Chambers, White House Council on Environmental Quality
- Emerging State & Local Goals: From Zero Energy to Electrification to Decarbonization
- Workforce Development: Opportunities for Building Codes and Compliance Programs
- The Role of Building Codes in Shaping Equity and Environmental Justice
- Building Performance Standards – The Pathway to Zero-Carbon Buildings
- The Convergence of Energy Codes and Above-Code Programs
- Visit the NECC webpage for the conference agenda and session descriptions.
After the conference, check out the National Energy Codes Conference Seminar Series, which offers an in-depth look at important topics in building energy codes, providing an opportunity to hear directly from industry leaders on emerging issues, challenges and. Bi-weekly sessions will kick off following the NECC event, and will run from August through October 2021.
This year’s topics will include:
Zero energy and commercial building design + construction
The role of energy codes in enhancing grid integration and decarbonization
Energy efficiency and affordable housing
How zoning and land use can enable increased energy efficiency and clean energy
Codes Around the World: A look at how energy codes internationally