For this event, travel back in time to early Chicago to see how the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago reversed the Chicago River and developed wastewater treatment technology. Go behind the scenes and under water to see how MWRD transforms the water you use every day; descend 300 feet into the deep tunnel system, and watch the electrofishing crew at work sampling fish on the Chicago River. This event is co-sponsored by the Chicago Studies Program and the Program on the Global Environment, and led by MWRD’s Justin Brown.
Browse Recent Posts
- DOE collegiate Solar Decathlon prep event, 9/16 @4:00pm CT
- DOE announces 2022 geothermal collegiate competition
- NSF earth sciences postdoc apps due 11/3
- UC dissertation used in new ecosystems conservation research
- DOE workshop on building tech commercialization, 8/31 @10am CT
- Booth researchers spotlight risks of ESG reporting mandates