For this event, travel back in time to early Chicago to see how the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago reversed the Chicago River and developed wastewater treatment technology. Go behind the scenes and under water to see how MWRD transforms the water you use every day; descend 300 feet into the deep tunnel system, and watch the electrofishing crew at work sampling fish on the Chicago River. This event is co-sponsored by the Chicago Studies Program and the Program on the Global Environment, and led by MWRD’s Justin Brown.
Browse Recent Posts
- January 2022 Midwest Climate Summit 1/28 @10am-12pm CT
- Energize 2022 1/20/22 @ 5:00-7:00pm CST
- EPIC Student Event: Museum of Science and Industry Field Trip
- EPIC Career Series: Anna-Elise Smith, Resource Innovations 12/7 @5:30-6:30 PM CST
- HEEA Speaker Series: Dan Misch 11/17 @12:30-1:30pm CST
- Friedman Forum: The Economic Geography of Global Warming, 11/17 @12:30-1:30pm CST