For this event, travel back in time to early Chicago to see how the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago reversed the Chicago River and developed wastewater treatment technology. Go behind the scenes and under water to see how MWRD transforms the water you use every day; descend 300 feet into the deep tunnel system, and watch the electrofishing crew at work sampling fish on the Chicago River. This event is co-sponsored by the Chicago Studies Program and the Program on the Global Environment, and led by MWRD’s Justin Brown.
Browse Recent Posts
- First e-vehicles join University of Chicago Facilities Services fleet
- College students join Goodwill diversion to reuse effort during move out
- Chicago Climate-Tech Week
- Botany Pond Restoration Update
- UChicago pilot food program wins national award for campus sustainability
- Midwest Climate Summit Student Leader Application