For this event, travel back in time to early Chicago to see how the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago reversed the Chicago River and developed wastewater treatment technology. Go behind the scenes and under water to see how MWRD transforms the water you use every day; descend 300 feet into the deep tunnel system, and watch the electrofishing crew at work sampling fish on the Chicago River. This event is co-sponsored by the Chicago Studies Program and the Program on the Global Environment, and led by MWRD’s Justin Brown.
Browse Recent Posts
- Program on the Global Environment is hiring!
- EPIC Career Series: Jordan Graham, Illinois Commerce Commission 5/18, @12:00 – 1:00 pm CDT
- EPIC Event: Tracking the Next Oil Crisis: The Outlook for Oil Markets in a Decarbonizing World 5/17, @5:30 – 6:45 pm CDT
- EPIC Event: Can the World Phase Out Fossil Fuels? A Look at Climate Policy in the Developing World, 4/10 @5:30 pm – 6:45 pm CDT
- Earth Month 2022 – in case you missed it
- CEGU: Animals, Territories, Environments 4/29, 12:30pm