Join us for a lunch and learn about efforts around environmental issues at the University of Chicago. Lunch will be provided!
Mansueto Institute for Urban Innovation at the University of Chicago
1155 East 60th Street Room 101 Chicago, IL 60637
Join us for a Campus Environmental Lunch and Learn about current and future research on environmental issues at the University of Chicago as part of Earth Month. We will hear from graduate and undergraduate students, faculty, and facilities staff who are working in collaboration as part of the Environmental Frontiers Campus (EF Campus) program to examine the University of Chicago’s campus energy use and environmental impact. Students have studied laboratory energy use (the largest single factor in UChicago’s energy footprint), developed dashboards to monitor energy use, and assessed issues with water usage and food waste. After talks and a question and answer session, you’ll have a chance to network with other students, faculty, and staff interested in environmental research, sustainability, and energy engineering.
12-12:50 pm – Program
- University of Chicago graduate and undergraduate students
- Elisabeth Moyer, associate professor, Department of Geophysical Sciences
- Sara Popenhagen, sustainability manager, Office of Sustainability
12:50-1:30 pm – Q&A and Networking
Sponsored by the Environmental Frontiers Campus Initiative, a partnership of:
- Center for Robust Decision-making on Climate and Energy Policy (RDCEP)
- Committee on Environment, Geography, and Urbanization (CEGU)
- Facilities Services/Office of Sustainability
- Mansueto Institute for Urban Innovation
- Office of the Provost